Shooting Glasses are essential for Eye Protection on the range. Shooting Glasses also provide shooters an edge to improve accuracy by assisting with light management and creating target contrast. At Boost Safety & Workwear, we carry an extensive range of Shooting Glasses for Clay Target, Pistol and Rifle shooters. With an in-house Optometrist and Optical Team, we also supply Prescription Shooting Glasses.
Showing 1–28 of 58 results
Shooting Glasses, Clay Target Shooting Glasses and Pistol & Rifle Shooting Glasses
Shooting Glasses are one of the most important accessories any shooter can have as they provide light management, target colour contrast and the necessary eye protection required for pistol, rifle and clay target (trap, skeet and sporting clays) shooting and hunting. Shooters are always looking for an edge to improve their accuracy. True accuracy cannot be achieved without a good quality pair of Shooting Glasses. With different lens tints, Shooting Glasses are able to manage light and improve colour contrast to enhance a shooter’s view of their target or sights. Shooting Glasses also reduce the effects of natural elements such as sun, wind, dust and insects which can cause vision problems, distractions and therefore reduce accuracy.
Many Shooting Glasses also use shatterproof polycarbonate lenses or similar materials which provide protection for the shooters eyes. With so many potential candidates, it can be hard for a shooter to decide what Shooting Glasses they should choose. This is even more important when selecting Clay Target Shooting Glasses, as clay target backgrounds vary greatly. At Boost Safety & Workwear we have handpicked the best Shooting Glasses to make your choice easier. Our range includes Shooting Glasses for pistol, rifle and clay target (trap, skeet and sporting clays) shooting from the top brands including:
- Beretta Shooting Glasses
- Bolle Safety Standard Issue (BSSI) Tactical Glasses, Sunglasses & Goggles
- Knobloch Shooting Glasses
- Shoot Off Shooting Glasses
- Wiley X
Shooting Glasses Features
Safety Glasses and Safety Sunglasses can be used for shooting, however they do not provide any of the features or benefits which Shooting Glasses and sunglasses specifically designed for shooting provide. Generally speaking Shooting Glasses and sunglasses have the following features:
- Wrap frame: Frames are designed to wrap around the shooters face to protect eyes from impacts and natural elements.
- Frame material: Frames are made from metal, plastic or carbon fibre and are designed to be lightweight and robust to stand up to the demands of shooters.
- Non-slip frame temples and nose pads: Temples and nose pads are manufactured with non-slip material, to prevent the frame from moving or slipping whilst the shooter is shooting.
- Adjustable frame temples and nose pads: Everyone is born different making it important that Shooting Glasses can be adjusted to correctly fit the shooters head.
- Cable temples: Some frames may be supplied with cable temples which wrap around a shooters ears. This further prevents the Shooting Glasses from slipping or falling off.
- Interchangeable lenses: Dark and light lenses can be used in different lighting conditions to manage brightness. Different coloured lenses can be used to increase the colour contrast of the target. Our range of Clay Target Shooting Glasses has over 25 different tints for you to choose from.
- Impact resistant lenses: Lenses are made with Polycarbonate or other similar materials to resist direct impacts.
Shooting Glasses Lenses
Many lenses used in Shooting Glasses are specifically designed for shooting. Shooting lenses come in many different lens tints which allow a shooter to select different tints for different uses.
Darker lens tints reduce the amount of light transmitting through a lens and are therefore best suited for shooting in bright sunlight.
Lighter lens tints increase the amount of light transmitting through a lens and are therefore best suited for shooting in low light conditions.
The lens colour can also be used to increase contrast providing better target acquisition. Clay Target Shooting Glasses for trap, skeet and sporting clays regularly use interchangeable lenses in various tint colours to create contrast of the clay target on different backgrounds. We have outlined below how the main Shooting Glasses lens tints can be used for in different conditions:
- Black: Perfect when sunny and for all day use
- Smoke: Slightly lighter than a black tint and perfect for all weather use
- Brown: Great all round lens choice for pistol, rifle and clay target shooting. One of the best Shooting Glasses lens tints for hunting.
- Purple: Enhances orange clays against a green background
- Orange: Designed to boost orange targets and perfect for trap, skeet and sporting clay target shooters
- Red (Vermillion): Great for all round use and enhancing target contrast. Lens colour is more brown than red. Also good for highlighting clays against a light sky
- Yellow (Persimmon): Good for fog and dull low light conditions, such as early in the morning or at dusk
- Clear: Perfect for indoor use and good for low light days or shooting at night
Many shooting lenses are also coated with anti-scratch and anti-reflection coatings. These coatings are designed to increase the scratch resistant properties of the lens and reduce reflections caused by the lens.