Safety Glasses are the most popular form of Eye Protection and are designed to protect the eyes from a wide variety of hazards. With 240+ models and a wide selection of frame shapes with clear, tinted, polarised and photochromic lenses, we are sure you will find a safety and stylish pair of Safety Glasses in our extensive range.
Showing 1–28 of 243 results
Safety Glasses | Essential for Protecting Eyes in a Wide Variety of Environments
Every year, over 130,000 Australians seek medical attention for eye injuries with 60% of these eye injuries occuring in the workplace. Many eye injuries result in serious injury, vision loss, blindness or loss of an eye. 90% of eye injuries can be prevented, so its vital both employers and employees manage eye injury hazards using Safety Glasses and other forms of Protective Eyewear.
Typical Workplace Hazards that Result in Eye Injuries
The human eye is an extremely sensitive and delicate organ. It’s incredibly vulnerable to irritation and injury, particularly in harsh working environments. Typical workplace hazards which result in eye injuries include flying particles (wood, metal, fibre etc.), dust, chemical vapours, liquid splashes and radiation from welding and lasers. With 90% of eye injuries being preventable, workers across all occupations and industries need to be wary of protecting their eyes from injury or permanent damage.
Our range of Safety Glasses are used across a variety of industries including mining, manufacturing, construction, industrial, agriculture, health care, military, law enforcement and emergency services to protect eyes!
Safety Standards Certified
All Safety Glasses supplied by Boost Safety & Workwear meet or exceed Safety Standards including Australian, European, US, Canadian and international standards. Please refer to the specifications table and the product data sheet (both on the product page) which outline the standards that the product complies with and has been certified under.
Safety Glasses Frame & Lens Markings
Certified Safety Glasses require certain frame and lens markings to indicate the Safety Glasses conform to the relevant standard. This information helps guarantee the eyewear’s quality.
Safety Glasses Frames
Boost Safety & Workwear has one of the largest ranges of Safety Glasses. In fact, with over 400 models, we might even have the most extensive range on offer.
The type of frame chosen will depend on the environment in which they are worn, and the associated risks and hazards. Common features of Safety Glasses frames include:
- Lightweight designs for all day use
- Wraparound fit for increased protection
- Panoramic field of vision
- Non-slip temples for stability and comfort
- Ventilated temples
- Brow protection
In addition, we stock a wide range of Positive Seal Foam Safety Glasses for dusty conditions and mining environments.
Take a look at some of our most popular models of safety glasses from industry-leading brands.
Featuring a lightweight, ultra-sporty design with non-slip temples, the Bolle Rush+ is designed for all day use on the toughest worksites. Its lenses are suitable for extreme temperatures and absorb ultraviolet (UV) rays.
uvex designed the Pheos CX2 with innovative features to enhance protective performance and wearer comfort. Its frame design delivers excellent field of vision, and x-twist arm technology ensures a non-slip fit for optimum protection.
With a wraparound fit, flexible frame technology and grey tinted polycarbonate lenses, the Eyres Bercy is a great option for all day use on outdoor worksites.
Utilising an outdoor grey lens in a stylish sports wrap around frame, the Ugly Fish Tradie offers maximum protection and comfort to help get the tough outdoor jobs done.
Safety Glasses Lenses
Safety Glasses can be supplied with a variety of different lenses and tints to increase the wearer’s comfort, vision and protection. The tint should be selected based on the wearer’s working conditions and environment.
- Clear lenses: Provide maximum light transmission and are designed for indoors and low light conditions. Clear safety glasses lenses can be used outdoors, but it’s recommended that Safety Sunglasses should be used.
- Sunglasses lenses: Available in a variety of tint colours (usually grey, brown or green), these safety lenses are designed for outdoor use.
- Polarised lenses: Designed to cut out glare and increase the overall quality of vision by reducing visual noise. These lenses are perfect for outdoor use, especially in and around water environments.
- Photochromic lenses: Perfect when working both indoors and outdoors and you need to work in changing light conditions. Photochromic lenses seamlessly adjust to changing light conditions without any input from the wearer. These lenses darken when exposed to the sun and lighten indoors.
- Indoor/Outdoor Light Tinted Lenses: Featuring a light tint with high transmittance, these lenses are suitable for use indoors and outdoors and also low-light environments.
All safety glasses lenses are also marked with a lens tint category, to assist with lens selection.
Safety Glasses Lens Technologies
Safety Glasses can be supplied with anti-scratch coatings, anti-fog coatings or both. The inclusion of these coating depends on the model selected and targeted application.
Anti-scratch Safety Glasses Lenses
Anti-scratch coatings are applied to one or both sides of the safety lenses to improve the scratch resistancy of the lens material. Key benefits include:
- Increased resistance to lens scratching
- Longer useful life of lenses and safety glasses
- Safety lenses are easier to clean and less susceptible to dirt
- Ideal in all environments, particularly where there is a high exposure to dirt
Anti-fog Safety Glasses Lenses
Anti-fog coatings are designed to assist safety glasses from fogging up in hot, humid conditions or where other PPE is being worn. Anti-fog coatings can be applied to one or both sides of the lenses. Key benefits include:
- Reduced lens fogging
- Decreases the need for workers to remove safety glasses to wipe off fog
- Permanent anti-fog properties remain even after repeated cleaning
If you need an anti-fog coating, check out our range of Anti Fog Safety Glasses!
Capabilities & Services
At Boost Safety & Workwear, we supply Safety Glasses, Protective Eyewear, PPE, Workwear & Workplace Safety products to individuals and businesses of all sizes including contractors, SMEs, major companies, organisations and all levels of Government.
We can supply Safety Glasses in various quantities and offer volume discounts for larger orders. We can also assist in the selection of the correct Safety Glasses and Protective Eyewear according to your industry and work environment. For Businesses, Organisations & Government Departments with 15 or more employees, we offer Free Trials & Samples for onsite testing prior to order placement.
On Hand to Help
If you have any questions, need a hand in selecting the right Safety Glasses or want to find out more about our Capabilities & Services, please don’t hesitate to Contact Us and a member of our team will be glad to assist.